NUML’s shared intentionality with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) and global demands on quality-centric higher education helped to establish the Quality Enhancement Cell, to ensure enhancement of quality as its progressive mission. With our quality assurance framework that is in line with the framework of Quality Assurance Agency of the HEC, QEC is working hard to maintain the criteria of quality in all aspects of the university that affect the quality of learning and research such as, availability of competent and relevant faculty for quality of learning and research at all levels, relevance of curricula, availability of technology and infrastructure, creation of an enabling environment that recognizes and supports truly excellent research, fostering research and development for quality enhancement, assessment and accreditation of academic programs and administrative policies and processes, quality scholarly output and its dissemination that reflect the university’s mission to be recognized as an eminent center of learning that works with excellence, and also gives simultaneous assurance of international competitiveness and compatibility amongst the eminent centers of learning and research in Pakistan.
Develop NUML as an eminent center of excellence for higher studies and research and ensure implementation of quality assurance practices as its progressive mission.
Establish the highest standards of education and research at NUML by:
- Developing/ implementing QA policies and procedures
- Capacity building of faculty and staff in terms of competitive excellence
- Continuous assessing/ auditing and accreditation of the programs and processes
- Improving the infrastructure and technology
- Continuous reviewing of the progress for enhancement of quality
1. Implementation of Quality Assurance Framework prescribed by Higher Education Commission to meet the international standards of quality education and research.
2. Establishment of an effective system of Self-Assessment of university programs with the purpose of Quality Enhancement.
3. Developing procedures and implementing them for Internal Quality Audit (Self-Assessment).
4. Ensuring improvement of the quality of teaching, research and related students / staff support services through internal audits (Self-Assessment).
5. Taking measures for capacity building of faculty / staff involved in quality assurance measures.
6. Collection / provision of Teacher Evaluation and Course Evaluation Reports for the purpose of Self-Assessment.
7. Promoting collaboration with national and international universities / quality assurance organizations.
8. Contributing in quality assurance / enhancement of Higher Education at national / international levels.