The Quality Enhancement Cell is an essential component of NUML’s administrative and academic structure. It is linked with the Quality Assurance Agency of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, for implementation of quality enhancement policies and monitors the academic and administrative programs and functions to ensure that the internationally accepted standards are met and maintained.
We at the Quality Enhancement Cell are dedicated to maintaining an academically rich, quality-directed, research based and scholarship promoting environment in the university. Working with all the faculties, departments and disciplines, administration and management to establish and ensure excellence and high quality in all BS, Masters, MPhil and PhD programs, we have strengthened our resolve to confirm its quality assurance regimen that reflects our vision and mission, and is also in strict accordance with the Quality Assurance Agency of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan The QEC is working to improve institutional processes and procedures and performing efficiently and effectively, will have productive outcomes for making a qualitative difference at NUML as a frontline institution in the midst of many national and international institutes of high repute, ultimately leading to quality conscious citizens of Pakistan.
NUML’s shared intentionality with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) and global demands on quality-centric higher education helped to establish the Quality Enhancement Cell, to ensure enhancement of quality as its progressive mission. With our quality assurance framework that is in line with the framework of Quality Assurance Agency of the HEC, QEC is working hard to maintain the criteria of quality in all aspects of the university that affect the quality of learning and research such as, availability of competent and relevant faculty for quality of learning and research at all levels, relevance of curricula, availability of technology and infrastructure, creation of an enabling environment that recognizes and supports truly excellent research, fostering research and development for quality enhancement, assessment and accreditation of academic programs and administrative policies and processes, quality scholarly output and its dissemination that reflect the university’s mission to be recognized as an eminent center of learning that works with excellence, and also gives simultaneous assurance of international competitiveness and compatibility amongst the eminent centers of learning and research in Pakistan.
Develop NUML as an eminent center of excellence for higher studies and research and ensure implementation of quality assurance practices as its progressive mission.
Establish the highest standards of education and research at NUML by:
- Developing/ implementing QA policies and procedures
- Capacity building of faculty and staff in terms of competitive excellence
- Continuous assessing/ auditing and accreditation of the programs and processes
- Improving the infrastructure and technology
- Continuous reviewing of the progress for enhancement of quality
- Implementation of Quality Assurance Framework prescribed by Higher Education Commission to meet the international standards of quality education and research.
- Establishment of an effective system of Self-Assessment of university programs with the purpose of Quality Enhancement.
- Developing procedures and implementing them for Internal Quality Audit (Self-Assessment).
- Ensuring improvement of the quality of teaching, research and related students / staff support services through internal audits (Self-Assessment).
- Taking measures for capacity building of faculty / staff involved in quality assurance measures.
- Collection / provision of Teacher Evaluation and Course Evaluation Reports for the purpose of Self-Assessment.
- Promoting collaboration with national and international universities / quality assurance organizations.
- Contributing in quality assurance / enhancement of Higher Education at national / international levels.
Matters related to:
- Self Assessment Process: Reports, Executive Summaries, Implementation Plan
- Internal / External reviews and audits
- HEC & QEC Meetings,
- Quality Assurance Policies and Programs
- Seminar on awareness of Quality Assurance Process
- Feedback on QA Performae
- Anti-Plagiarism service
Correspondence with International organizations like: