Social computing focuses on providing solutions for societal problems by using computational power. The areas of implementation diversify from healthcare to digital humanity. The topics of interest within this theme are:
- Computing as a tool for deploying effective learning platform to overcome pandemics affectsPrediction models for spread of pandemic control for effective decision making
- Blockchain for social good
- Immersive computing for kids
Dr. Basit Shahzad(Assistant professor & HOD)
Cumulative Impact Factor: 65
Number of MS Students under Supervision: 9
Number of Ph.D. Students under Supervision: 1
- Siddque, A; Shahzad, B; et. Al. , "Discovering Software Developer’s Coding Expertise through Deep Learning", IET software, 2020.
- Tahir, S.; Shahzad, B.; et.al. , "Developing Relationship among Risk factors and Project Factors for Large Scale Healthcare Applications", Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, 2020.
- Tahir, S.; Shahzad, B.; et.al. , "Determining Large Scale Healthcare Projects by Resource Attribution", Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, 2020.
- M. Samiullah et al., "An Image Encryption Scheme Based on DNA Computing and Multiple Chaotic Systems," in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 25650-25663, 2020.
- Nawaz, MS, Sun, M, Shahzad, B, Lali, MIU, Umer, T, Wan, S. Quality of service in IoT protocol as designs and its verification in PVS. Trans Emerging Tel, 2019.
- Shahzad, Basit, and Jon Crowcroft. "Trustworthy Electronic Voting Using Adjusted Blockchain Technology." IEEE Access, Vol.7, 2019. 24477-24488, 2019.
- Saqib, M.N., Kiani, J., Shahzad, B. et al. Anonymous and formally verified dual signature based online e-voting protocol. Cluster Comput 22, 1703–1716, 2019.
- Shahzad, Basit, Kinza Mehr Awan, Abdullatif M. Abdullatif, M. Ikramullah Lali, M. Saqib Nawaz, Ume Ayesha, and Muzafar Khan. "Quantification of Productivity of the Brands on Social Media With Respect to Their Responsiveness." IEEE Access Vol.7, 2019.
- Adeel Anjum; Naveed Ahmad; Saif U.R. Malik; Samiya Zubair; Basit Shahazad, “An Efficient Approach for Publishing Microdata for Multiple Sensitive Attributes" Journal of Supercomputing, 2018.
- Hafsa Dar , Muhammad Ikram Ullah Lali , Humaira Ashraf , Muhammad Ramzan , Tehmina Amjad and Basit Shahzad, “A Systematic Study on Software Requirements Elicitation Techniques and its Challenges in Mobile Application Development”, IEEE Access,2018.
- Yaseen, Saba, Syed M. Ali Abbas, Adeel Anjum, Tanzila Saba, Abid Khan, Saif UR Malik, Naveed Ahmad, Basit Shahzad, and Ali Kashif Bashir. "Improved Generalization for Secure Data Publishing." IEEE Access,2018.
- SK Bhatti, MI Lali, Basit Shahzad, F Javid, FU Mangla, M Ramzan, “Leveraging the Big Data Produced by the Network to Take Intelligent Decisions on Flow Management”, IEEE Access, 2018.
- Shahzad, Basit., Abdullatif, A. M., Ikram, N., & Mashkoor, A. “Build Software or Buy: A Study on Developing Large Scale Software”. IEEE Access, 5, 24262-24274, 2017.
- Al-Muhtadi, J., Shahzad, Basit., Saleem, K., Jameel, W., & Orgun, M. A. “Cybersecurity and privacy issues for socially integrated mobile healthcare applications operating in a multi-cloud environment”. Health informatics journal, 2017.
- Shahzad B, Awan KM, Lali MI, Aslam WA. Identification of Patterns in Failure of Software Projects. Journal of Information Science and Engineering, 1;33(6):1465-80, 2017.
- Bakhsh, S. T., Shahzad, B., & Tahir, S. (2017). Risk Management Approaches for Large Scale Software Development. Journal of Information Science and Engineering, 33(6), 1547-1560, 2017.
- Abdullatif, Basit Shahzad, Akhtar Hussain, “ Evolution of Social Media in Scientific Research: A Case of Technology and Healthcare Professionals in Saudi Universities, Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, 2017.
- Shahzad, B., Abdullatif, A. M., Saleem, K., & Jameel, W, “Socio-Technical Challenges and Mitigation Guidelines in Developing Mobile Healthcare Applications”, Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, 7(3), 704-712. [Impact Factor=0.62]
- Saleem, Kashif, Basit Shahzad, Mehmet A. Orgun, Jalal Al-Muhtadi, Joel JPC Rodrigues, and Mohammed Zakariah. "Design and deployment challenges in immersive and wearable technologies." Behaviour & Information Technology, 36, no. 7, 687-698, 2017.
- ul Amin, R., Inayat, I., Shahzad, B., Saleem, K., & Aijun, L, An empirical study on acceptance of secure healthcare service in Malaysia, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia: a mobile cloud computing perspective. Annals of Telecommunications, 72(5-6), 253-264, 2017.
- Abbasi RA, Maqbool O, Mushtaq M, Aljohani NR, Daud A, Alowibdi JS, Shahzad Basit, "Saving lives using social media: Analysis of the role of twitter for personal blood donation requests and dissemination." Telematics and Informatics , 2017.
- Abdullatif Alabdullatif, Basit Shahzad, and Esam Alwagait, “Classification of Arabic Twitter Users: A Study Based on User Behaviour and Interests,” Mobile Information Systems, vol. 2016.
- Ikram lali, Mustafa R, Saleem K, Nawaz S, Zia T, Basit Shahzad, “Role of Search Engine Query and Social Network Data in Finding Influenza Epidemics,", International journal of semantic web and information systems, 2016.
- Saleem, Kashif, Abdelouahid Derhab, Jalal Al-Muhtadi, and Basit Shahzad "Human-oriented design of secure Machine-to-Machine communication system for e-Healthcare society." Computers in Human Behavior 51, 977-985, 2015.
- Alwagait, Esam, Basit Shahzad, and Sophia Alim. "Impact of social media usage on students’ academic performance in Saudi Arabia." Computers in Human Behavior 51, 1092-1097, 2015.
- Basit Shahzad, Esam Alwagait, “Does Change in Weekend Days has an Impact on Social Networking Activity”, Journal of Universal Computer Science, Vol. 20, Issue 15, pp. 2068-2079, 2014.
- Esam Alwagait, Basit Shahzad, “When tweets are better valued? an empirical study”Accepted in Journal of Universal Computer Science, Vol 20, Issue 10, pp 1511-1521, 2014.
- Saleem, Kashif, Abdelouahid Derhab, Jalal Al-Muhtadi, Basit Shahzad, and Mehmet A. Orgun. "Secure transfer of environmental data to enhance human decision accuracy." Computers in Human Behavior, pp.632-639,2014.
Muhammad Umer Haroon (Lecturer)
- Muhammad Umer Haroon, “Support Vector Machine and Naïve Bayes comparison of Sentiments on Terrorism.” International Journal of Computer Applications 179(17):15-17, February 2018.
Muhammad Awais Gondal (Lecturer)
Cumulative Impact Factor: 1.226
- Muhammad Awais Gondal, Nauman A. Qureshi, Hamid Mukhtar, Hafiz Farooq Ahmad. “An Engineering Approach to Integrate Non-Functional Requirements (NFR) to Achieve High Quality Software Process” 22nd International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS) (2020)
2. Aamir Khan, Farooq Ahmad, Hamid Mukhtar, Muhammad Awais Gondal, and Mudassar Ilyas Qazi. "Improving Usability through Enhanced Visualization in Healthcare" The 13th International Symposium on Autonomous Decentralized Systems (ISADS) (2017)
3. Muhammad Awais Gondal, Majed Aadi Alshamari, Hafiz Farooq Ahmad, and Khalid Latif. "A Usability Oriented Software Development Process with Constant Usability Evaluation" Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research (2016): 26-37