Certificate in Chinese Language
- National University of modern Languages was established as an institute naming National Institute of Modern Languages(NIML) on 14th June 1970 functioning under the Peoples Open University, now known as Allama Iqbal Open University. Later on it functioned under the Quaid -e-Azam university till year 2000 when finally it was upgraded as a university having the name as National University of Modern Languages (NUML).
- On 9th June 1970, after the establishment of Persian Department Chinese Department was the second to start functioning on 1st September 1970. Initially services of two Chinese teachers Mr. Li Xunxing and Mr. Zhang Zhanyi were lent to NIML through the courtesy of the State Education Commission of Peoples Republic of China, under a cultural pact.
- Mr. Li Xunxing has the honour to be the first head of Chinese Language Department. NUML at that time had total strength of 30 students with the share of 13 from Chinese Department. At the initial stage Chinese Department could run only Diploma level course of one year duration, however, it gradually expanded its size as well as strength of teaching staff and students. By January 1971, Chinese Department was already able to run Diploma-in-interpreter ship. In 1999 it started the Bachelor and Masters Degree courses. In 2006 it has already started M. Phil course and planning to commence PHD courses in near future.
- Chinese department at present have the strength of more than 400 students, running all the courses i.e. Certificate, Diploma, Diploma in Interpreter ship, Bachelor in Chinese, Masters in Chinese etc .
- Since its establishment in 1970, The Chinese department has perused its role with dedication and enthusiasm. It has catered to the need of federal and provincial departments, armed forces and the private sectors for providing interpreters on summits, international seminars, moots, functions and during the visits of high level official delegations. It also furnishes translation facilities to the government, semi-government agencies as well as to the general public.
- With its meritorious record of excellent academic and translation and interpretation services the Chinese department enjoys sound standing allover Pakistan.
Matric or Equivalent