M Phil Islamic Studies
Islamic Thought and Culture Department is:
- To train scholars by inculcating the skill of interpretation of Quran, Sunnah, Fiqh & Seerah & Islamic History & Philosophy, Ilm e Kalaam & Tasswuf all sides philosophically to address the contemporary issues. These aspects are covered keeping in mind the civilized and polite national thought.
- To develop research scholarship among scholars in Ijtihad to provide solution of National political, economic, and social challenges in global context in the light of Islamic brighten teachings.
- To provide research opportunities to scholars to interpret the universal teachings of Islam throughout the modern logical, systematic and rational ways; for theological approach of National values.
- Master / BS degree (16 years of education) in relevant discipline from HEC recognized University with minimum 2.5 out of 4.0 CGPA or Grade ‘B’ under semester system or 50 % marks under annual system (45% marks under annual system for Urdu / English programs only).
- Selection in the respective program will be subject to availability of seats, merit based on academic qualification, valid GRE International / NTS / NUML devised GAT- General Score.
- Applicants with valid GRE International/GAT-General from NTS will have to pass written/subjective portion of NUML GAT-G (as per schedule of respective Faculties) to secure admission.