PhD Islamic Studies
Islamic Thought and Culture Department is:
- To train scholars by inculcating the skill of interpretation of Quran, Sunnah, Fiqh & Seerah & Islamic History & Philosophy, Ilm e Kalaam & Tasswuf all sides philosophically to address the contemporary issues. These aspects are covered keeping in mind the civilized and polite national thought.
- To develop research scholarship among scholars in Ijtihad to provide solution of National political, economic, and social challenges in global context in the light of Islamic brighten teachings.
- To provide research opportunities to scholars to interpret the universal teachings of Islam throughout the modern logical, systematic and rational ways; for theological approach of National values.
- MS/MPhil Degree (18 years of education with 6 credit hrs research) in relevant discipline from HEC recognized University with minimum 3.0 out of 4.0 CGPA under semester system OR 1st Division under annual system.
- Selection in the respective program will be subject to availability of seats, merit based on academic qualification, valid GRE International / NTS / NUML devised GAT- subject score and interview.
- Applicants with valid GRE International/GAT-Subject from NTS will have to pass written/subjective portion of NUML GAT-S (as per schedule of respective Faculties) to secure admission.