MPhil Governance & Public Policy
- The program is designed to produce highly motivated scholars, who are equipped with broad-based knowledge, global awareness, positive attitude, humanistic outlook, and adequate skills. Scholars with these qualities would be able to make informed decisions in life and apply their knowledge on governance issues to take Pakistan on the road to prosperity.
- To provide sufficient knowledge to pursue higher studies and a successful career in their field of specialization
- Skills to identify and solve problems that arise in their professional setting
- To provide scholars the training to effectively articulate, communicate and advocate their viewpoint
- Ability to produce professional research reports and proposals and to critically evaluate the research work of others
- Ability to identify governance issues and give workable solutions, particularly in the context of Pakistan.
- Ability to understand the communal concern and formulate public policy for the betterment of community at large
Followings are the eligibility criteria:
a. Minimum 16 years of schooling or Four Years of Bachelor Education in Governance & Public Policy/ public administration, management sciences, political sciences, economics, sociology, international studies, development studies, Pak studies, and other relevant fields.
b. Minimum 2.5 CGPA in Masters/ 60% Marks in annual system.
c. The Graduate Assessment Test (GAT)-General conducted by NUML or by National Testing Service (NTS) with minimum 50% cumulative score will be required at the time of admission. The applicants with GAT from NTS will have to pass a subjective part of NUML GAT General.
d. Interview with the Graduate Advisory Committee Chair by Rector / Dean FMS.
|S.No||Course Code||Subject||Credit Hours|
|1||601||Strategic Mgmt, Governance & Leadership||3|
|2||602||Advance Research Methodology||3|
|3||603||Theory & Philosophy of Governance &Public Policy||3|
|4||604||Formulations & implementation of Public Policy||3|
|5||605||Economic Analysis of Public Policy||3|
|6||606||Multivariate Analysis /Statistical Method for Policy Research||3|
|7||607||Policy and Program Evaluation||3|