The goal of M. Phil Pakistan Studies is to develop in each student deep appreciation of knowledge and to provide an intellectual stimulus for advanced study. A scholarship is pursued through mutual deliberation between students and faculty on philosophies, concepts and natural phenomena relevant to a society.
- To enable the students to have good command through comprehensive and conceptual interdisciplinary approaches.
- To facilitate students in developing analytical and critical understanding in their field of study.
- To stimulate students’ ability to think critically. The analytical approach based on reasons as well as empirical realities of the issues, are the methods of investigation.
- To develop leadership qualities and to make them able to work in group or team.
- Master / BS degree (16 years of education) in relevant discipline from HEC recognized University with minimum 2.5 out of 4.0 CGPA or Grade ‘B’ under semester system or 50 % marks under annual system (45% marks under annual system for Urdu / English programs only).
- Selection in the respective program will be subject to availability of seats, merit based on academic qualification, valid GRE International / NTS / NUML devised GAT- General Score.
- Applicants with valid GRE International/GAT-General from NTS will have to pass written/subjective portion of NUML GAT-G (as per schedule of respective Faculties) to secure admission.