Diploma in Interpretership
AIM: This aim at developing potential interpreters in the Language and to enhance their proficiency in translation.
Scope: it is to ensure that the students acquire
- A comparatively high degree of command and proficiency in all the fundamental skills (Viz: listening, speaking, reading, writing of the Arabic language.)
- Proficiency in grasping and assimilating speeches, talks, interviews in the language quickly and the ability to communicate them effectively in English & vice versa.
- A Fair knowledge of geography, history, socio-economic conditions, customs, manners, cultural and institutions of the countries, where Arabic is spoken as first language.
The course is divided into two parts:-
- Area Study
- Working Language ( English)
- Oral Comprehension
- Consecutive Interpreter-ship
Intermediate with Diploma in the target language from NUML OR Equivalent.